Anne Hathaway was the wife of William Shakespeare. The couple married in 1582 when she was 26 and he was 18. Shortly after their marriage they had a daughter, Susanna. Around 1585, they had twins, Hamnet and Judith. Anna and her children lived at Straftord-upon-Avon while William worked in London. She died in 1623.
- Name: Anne Hathaway
- Birth Year: 1556
- Birth City: Stratford-upon-Avon
- Birth Country: England
- Gender: Female
- Best Known For: Anne Hathaway was the wife of William Shakespeare.
- Theater and Dance
- Death Year: 1623
- Death Country: England
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Anne Hathaway Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/historical-figure/anne-hathaway
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: July 10, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014