Rabindranath Tagore was a Bengali poet, novelist and painter best known for being the first non-European to be awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913 with his book Gitanjali, Song Offerings. He was highly influential in introducing Indian culture to the West and is generally regarded as the outstanding creative artist of modern India. He was hailed by W.B Yeats and André Gide.
- Name: Rabindranath Tagore
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Rabindranath Tagore was a Bengali poet, novelist and painter best known for being the first non-European to be awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913.
- Writing and Publishing
- Journalism and Nonfiction
- Fiction and Poetry
- Bangladeshi (Bangladesh)
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Rabindranath Tagore Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/authors-writers/rabindranath-tagore
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: June 24, 2021
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014