Kate DiCamillo was born March 25, 1964 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, Because of Winn-Dixie was published in 2000. She published her second novel, Tiger Rising, in 2001. The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread (2003), won the 2004 Newbury Medal. In addition to her novels, she published chapter books beginning in 2005.
- Name: Kate DiCamillo
- Birth Year: 1964
- Birth date: March 25, 1964
- Birth State: Pennsylvania
- Birth City: Philadelphia
- Birth Country: United States
- Gender: Female
- Best Known For: Kate DiCamillo is an author whose children's books often confront themes of death and loss. She won a Newbery Medal in 2004 for The Tale of Despereaux (2003).
- Fiction and Poetry
- Astrological Sign: Aries
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Kate DiCamillo Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/authors-writers/kate-dicamillo
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 16, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014