Marcus Junius Brutus was born 85 BC in Macedonia. Brutus was raised by an uncle, Cato the Younger, in the principles of Stoicism. Following Caesar's self-appointment to perpetual dictator, Brutus joined with Cassius to assassinate Caesar on March 15, 44 BC. Brutus would be driven out and killed himself following a loss in the battle in Philippi.
- Name: Marcus Junius Brutus
- Birth Year: 85
- Birth City: Philippi
- Birth Country: Greece
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Marcus Brutus is best known for being a part of the assassination of Julius Caesar.
- Politics and Government
- War and Militaries
- Death Year: 42
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Marcus Junius Brutus Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/political-figures/marcus-junius-brutus
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 5, 2021
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014