Barry Sanders, born 1968 in Wichita, Kansas, won the Heisman Trophy while playing football for Oklahoma State University in 1988. He was the third overall draft pick a year later, joining the Detroit Lions. His best professional season was 1997, when he set the record for rushing over 2000 yards. He was forced to reimburse the Lions more than $5 million dollars after his early retirement in 1998.
- Name: Barry Sanders
- Birth Year: 1968
- Birth date: July 16, 1968
- Birth State: Kansas
- Birth City: Wichita
- Birth Country: United States
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Football running back Barry Sanders set a record with the Detroit Lions in 1997 for rushing more than 2000 yards in one season.
- Astrological Sign: Cancer
- Oklahoma State University
- Football Player
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Barry Sanders Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/athletes/barry-sanders
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 13, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014