Sandro Botticelli was born in the mid-1440s in Florence, Italy. As a boy, he apprenticed as a goldsmith and then with master painter Filippo Lippi. By his forties, Botticelli was himself a master and contributed to the decoration the Sistine Chapel. His best known work is The Birth of Venus. He died in 1510.
- Name: Sandro Botticelli
- Birth Year: 1445
- Birth City: Florence
- Birth Country: Italy
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Sandro Botticelli was an Italian painter of the early Renaissance-era. He contributed to the frescoes in the Sistine Chapel and painted the immortal The Birth of Venus.
- Death Year: 1510
- Death date: May 17, 1510
- Death City: Florence
- Death Country: Italy
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Sandro Botticelli Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/artists/sandro-botticelli
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 13, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014