Traci Lords started in film at the age 15, appearing in dozens of adult films. Though she claimed to be 18 at the time, when the truth came out years later, it scandalized the industry and earned Lords notoriety. Later a student of the Lee Strasberg Institute in Los Angeles, Lords starred in John Waters’ Cry-Baby and Serial Mom. She has also appeared on numerous TV series, most notably Melrose Place.
Scandalous Acting Career
Traci Lords was born Nora Louise Kuzma on May 7, 1968, in Steubenville, Ohio. She got her start in front of the camera at the age 15, appearing in dozens of adult films. Though she claimed to be 18 at the time, when the truth came out years later, it scandalized the X-rated industry, and earned Lords notoriety that continues today.
In the 1990s, however, Lords proved herself to be a legitimate actress. A student of the Lee Strasberg Insitute in Los Angeles, Lords starred in John Waters' Cry-Baby in 1990 and Serial Mom in 1994. She has also appeared on numerous television series, most notably Melrose Place.
Lords was married to Brook Yeaton from 1990 until 1995. She was engaged to actor John Enos in 1996, but the couple broke up two years later.
- Name: Traci Lords
- Birth Year: 1968
- Birth date: May 7, 1968
- Birth State: Ohio
- Birth City: Steubenville
- Birth Country: United States
- Gender: Female
- Best Known For: Traci Lords is an actress who gained notoriety in the 1980s when she appeared in pornographic films at the age of 15.
- Astrological Sign: Taurus
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Traci Lords Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/actors/traci-lords
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: October 28, 2021
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014