Samson is a Biblical figure who appears in the Book of Judges, 13-16. He was an Israelite who followed the proscriptions of Nazirite life, which included not drinking nor trimming his locks. A man of tremendous strength, his power was sapped after his lover Delilah cut his hair. While generally believed to be a legend, some have thought Samson’s story has elements of historical truth.
- Name: Samson
- Birth Year: 1001
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Samson is a well-known Biblical figure touted for his great strength and long hair. He appears in the Old Testament in the Book of Judges.
- Cultural Associations
- Arabic/Middle Eastern
- Death Year: 1200
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Samson Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/religious-figures/samson
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 19, 2021
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014