Judas Iscariot was one of the Twelve Apostles, notorious for betraying Jesus. His surname is more probably a corruption of the Latin sicarius (“murderer”) than an indication of family origin, suggesting that he would have belonged to the most radical Jewish group, some of whom were terrorists. Other than his apostleship, his betrayal and his death, little else is revealed about him in the Gospels.
- Name: Judas Iscariot
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Judas Iscariot was one of the Twelve Apostles, notorious for betraying Jesus. Judas' surname is probably a corruption of the Latin sicarius meaning murderer.
- Biblical Figure
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Judas Iscariot Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/religious-figures/judas-iscariot
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: August 14, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014