Isaiah was a Hebrew prophet who was believed to have lived about 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ. Born in Jerusalem, Israel, he was said to have found his calling as a prophet when he saw a vision in the year of King Uzziah’s death. Isaiah prophesized the coming of the Messiah Jesus Christ. He was believed to have written chapters 1-39 in The Book of Isaiah with the balance of the book authored by several other prophets.
- Name: Isaiah
- Birth City: Jerusalem
- Birth Country: Israel
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Isaiah was best known as the Hebrew prophet who predicted the coming of Jesus Christ to salvage mankind from sin. Isaiah lived about 700 years before the birth of Jesus Christ.
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Isaiah Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/religious-figures/isaiah
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: August 14, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014
- Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.