Saint Bartholomew lived in the first century AD and was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ. He was introduced to Jesus Christ through Saint Philip and is also known as "Nathaniel of Cana in Galilee," notably in John's Gospel. Saint Bartholomew is credited with many miracles related to the weight of objects. He was martyred in Armenia, being either decapitated or skinned alive.
- Name: Bartholomew
- Birth City: Province of ludae [Palaestina]
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Saint Bartholomew was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ who was martyred in the 1st century AD.
- Death Year: 100
- Death City: Albanolpolis?
- Death Country: Armenia
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Saint Bartholomew Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/religious-figures/saint-bartholomew
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: April 8, 2021
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014