As a young military commander, Nebuchadnezzar (born c. 630 BC) defeated Egyptian forces at Carchemish, giving his father control over Syria. His first ambition when he ascended to the throne was to expand his empire, taking Jerusalem and Judah, and attacking Egypt. His second ambition was to rebuild the city of Babylon, making it one of the wonders of the ancient world.
- Name: Nebuchadnezzar II
- Birth Year: 630
- Birth Country: Iraq
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Nebuchadnezzar II was the ruler of Babylonia c. 605–561 BC. He expanded his empire while building the city of Babylon into a wonder of the ancient world.
- War and Militaries
- Death Year: 561
- Death Country: Iraq
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Nebuchadnezzar II Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/political-figures/nebuchadnezzar-ii
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: May 18, 2020
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014