Who Was Jim Bowie?
Jim Bowie was born in Logan County, Kentucky in 1796. He was known as a formidable knife fighter after a violent feud with local sheriff, Norris Wright. On March 6, 1836, Bowie became an American folk hero when he died, along with Davy Crockett, during the defense of the Texas fort, the Alamo. The "Bowie Knife" is named for him.
- Name: Jim Bowie
- Birth Year: 1796
- Birth State: Kentucky
- Birth City: Logan County
- Birth Country: United States
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Jim Bowie was a fighter in Texas Revolution who died during the defense of the Alamo. He became an American folk hero and the "Bowie Knife" is named after him.
- War and Militaries
- Death Year: 1836
- Death date: March 6, 1836
- Death State: Texas
- Death City: San Antonio
- Death Country: United States
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Jim Bowie Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/military-figures/jim-bowie
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: September 30, 2020
- Original Published Date: April 2, 2014