American actor and producer Oliver Hudson was born on September 7, 1976, in Los Angeles, California. His famous family includes actors Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and Kate Hudson, as well as singer-songwriter Bill Hudson. Hudson has appeared on a number of television series, including Dawson's Creek, Rules of Engagement and Nashville.
Oliver Rutledge Hudson was born on September 7, 1976, in Los Angeles, California. His parents are singer-songwriter Bill Hudson and actress Goldie Hawn; his sister is actress Kate Hudson. In 2002, his mother told People magazine that, as an infant, Hudson "was an old soul. He had the wisest eyes; they just looked through you."
Family dynamics changed when Hudson's parents split up and each formed new relationships. From 1982 to 2000, actress Cindy Williams—of Laverne & Shirley fame—was his stepmother, while Hawn entered into a long-lasting relationship with actor Kurt Russell.
Given his background, it was no surprise that Hudson enjoyed making short films with his friends. Though he was also passionate about playing hockey, he opted to study film at the University of Colorado.
After college, Oliver Hudson moved back to Los Angeles. There, he found work as a production assistant on the set of Executive Decision (1996), which starred Russell. He also began to go on auditions. After small film roles—in movies such as The Out of Towners (1999) and The Smokers (2000)—Hudson was cast as Katie Holmes's love interest on the hit TV series Dawson's Creek.
Hudson next landed the lead role on the series My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star (2002). The show was not a success, but he got enough attention to be named to People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" list in 2002. Over the next few years, Hudson continued to act in movies and on TV.
In collaboration with Hawn, Kate Hudson and Russell, Hudson also formed Cosmic Entertainment. He oversees the movie and TV production company's Workshed Entertainment division. His next big break in acting came when he starred as Adam Rhodes on the popular TV series Rules of Engagement. Hudson appeared on the show from 2007 until its cancellation in 2013.
In 2002, Hudson began dating actress Erinn Bartlett. They married four years later in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The couple have two sons, Wilder Brooks and Bodhi Hawn, and a daughter, Rio Laura.
- Name: Oliver Rutledge Hudson
- Birth Year: 1976
- Birth date: September 7, 1976
- Birth State: California
- Birth City: Los Angeles
- Birth Country: United States
- Gender: Male
- Best Known For: Oliver Hudson is an American actor and producer best known for his role as Adam Rhodes on the hit television show Rules of Engagement.
- Astrological Sign: Virgo
- University of Colorado
- Interesting Facts
- Oliver Hudson is the brother of actress Kate Hudson.
We strive for accuracy and fairness.If you see something that doesn't look right,contact us!
- Article Title: Oliver Hudson Biography
- Author: Biography.com Editors
- Website Name: The Biography.com website
- Url: https://www.biography.com/actors/oliver-hudson
- Access Date:
- Publisher: A&E; Television Networks
- Last Updated: August 17, 2019
- Original Published Date: April 3, 2014
- I take a sideburn trimmer and get rid of a little, but I hate shaving."[from 'People' magazine interview; published on May 13, 2002.]
- I loved being at home."[from 'People' magazine interview; published on May 13, 2002.]