- NAME: Charles II of England
- OCCUPATION: King
- BIRTH DATE: May 29, 1630
- DEATH DATE: February 06, 1685
- PLACE OF BIRTH: St. James' Palace, London, England, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: London, England, United Kingdom
- AKA: Charles II, King of Scotland
- AKA: Charles II, King of England, Scotland and Ireland
- AKA: Charles II of England
- AKA: Charles II of Scotland
- AKA: Charles II
Best Known For
Charles II was the monarch of England, Ireland and Scotland during much of the latter half of the 17th century, marking the Restoration era.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Born on May 29, 1630, in St. James' Palace, London, England, Charles II lived in exile for long periods before being crowned king of England, Ireland and Scotland in 1660. He had continual contentious relationships with Parliament and waged unsuccessful military campaigns against the Dutch. While known for his cavorting lifestyle, his era of rule became known as the Restoration Period. He died on February 6, 1685.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Geminis 556 people in this group
Famous Kings 90 people in this group
Famous People Named Charles 73 people in this group
profile name: Charles II of England profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.