She calls herself “the best fighter in the whole world,” and after defeating Bethe Correia in just 34 seconds at the Ultimate Fighting Championship's Women's Bantamweight Title Fight on August 1, it’s hard to dispute her claim. American mixed martial artist Ronda Rousey is a force to be reckoned with. This recent win maintained Rousey’s dominance as the only female bantamweight champion in the UFC with a 12-0 record.
Larry King sat down with the champion just a couple months prior to the fight. Here are a few facts we learned about her during the interview:
1. Ronda’s first kiss was to a Bulgarian twin named Emanuel in the seventh grade.
2. If she could have any superpower, she’d want to have the powers of Jean Grey as Phoenix — but not be crazy.
3. The Staples Center is her favorite venue to fight in, close to her home in Los Angeles, California.
4. She listens to salsa singer Hector Lavoe while working out.
5. Her favorite movie fight scene is from They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper. Runner ups include The Raid and Ong-bak.
Watch the clip below from Larry's chat with Ronda where she discloses her favorite move (besides the armbar) and her biggest pet peeve. To see Ronda’s full length interview with Larry King go to ora.tv/larrykingnow.