As executive producer and one of the judges of NBC's new reality competition show World of Dance, which premieres tonight, J-Lo has never forgotten her first passion: dance. Sure, she may have branched out into acting, singing, fashion and even her own cell phone company, but J-Lo has always found a way of staying close to the art that ignited her into the brand that she is today.
Before you tune into World of Dance, here's a look at some fun J-Lo facts that reminds you of her dance cred.
- J-Lo started dancing when she was five years old.
- One of her first professional gigs was in Japan, dancing in the musical Synchronicity.
- She danced for New Kids on the Block at the American Music Awards in 1991.
- Her first consistent TV gig was as a Fly Girl for In Living Color.
- She was a backup dancer for Janet Jackson in the 90s. (She was also in Janet's "That's the Way Love Goes" music video.)
- Her husband Cris Judd was a dancer in her music video "Love Don't Cost a Thing." Their romance was short lived, though; they divorced after nine months.
- J-Lo began dating another one of her backup dancers Casper Smart in 2011. They reportedly split in 2016, and in 2017 she began dating baseball superstar and fellow New Yorker Alex Rodriguez.
- In 2012 Lopez launched the talent show Q'Viva! The Chosen with then-husband Marc Anthony. Created by Simon Fuller, Lopez, Anthony and choreographer Jamie King, the show traveled all over Latin America to find singers, dancers, acrobats, and more for a Latin show in Las Vegas.