Cesar Millan - better known as “The Dog Whisperer” — is just that — and so much more. Author, host, public speaker, and philanthropist are just a few of the other hats Millan wears. He’s brought more than 25 years of dog training experience to the popular Emmy-nominated Dog Whisperer program, and more recently, to Cesar 911 on Nat Geo WILD. Today Millan is widely recognized as the most sought-after authority in the field of dog care and rehabilitation. In addition to his television success, the Cesar Millan Foundation is a thriving organization he created that delivers humane education programs and "promotes animal welfare by supporting the rescue, rehabilitation, and re-homing of abused and abandoned dogs, as well as by promoting spay and neuter programs worldwide."
Larry King sat down with Millan last year and discussed his best tips for training dogs, and how he’s overcome some of his own personal struggles. Here five facts Larry learned about "The Dog Whisperer”:
1. Cesar’s favorite place to travel to is Costa Rica.
2. The most challenging dog Cesar’s worked with was a Labrador Retriever named Holly that bit him so badly he had to visit the hospital.
3. His biggest splurge? The tractor on his ranch.
4. His pets on his ranch include: a llama, a horse, a taurus (bull), a macaw, 10 chickens, two chameleons, four guinea pigs, 20 dogs, and 100 koi fish.
5. If he weren’t a dog behavior specialist he’d love to work planting trees, or anything that has to do with nature!
Be sure to check out the clip below from Larry’s chat with Cesar where he reveals what animal he’d love to work with, aside from dogs. To see Cesar’s full length interview with Larry King go to ora.tv/larrykingnow.