- NAME: William Paterson
- OCCUPATION: Lawyer, Supreme Court Justice, U.S. Representative, U.S. Governor, Government Official
- BIRTH DATE: December 24, 1745
- DEATH DATE: September 09, 1806
- EDUCATION: College of New Jersey (Princeton University)
- PLACE OF BIRTH: County Antrim, Ireland
- PLACE OF DEATH: Albany, New York
Best Known For
William Paterson was an accomplished American statesman who served in Congress and on the Supreme Court and was governor of New Jersey.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Capricorns 500 people in this group
Famous Lawyers 141 people in this group
The Supreme Court has presided over landmark cases that have changed the history of the United States. At times, the judges themselves have been the history makers, as in the case of Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Justice; Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman to serve on the Supreme Court; and Sonia Sotomayor, the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Here’s a look at the famous judges who have served on the United States' highest court.
Famous Supreme Court Justices 39 people in this group
profile name: William Paterson profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.