- NAME: William J. Brennan Jr.
- OCCUPATION: Supreme Court Justice
- BIRTH DATE: April 25, 1906
- DEATH DATE: July 24, 1997
- EDUCATION: University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Commerce and Finance, Harvard Law School, Barringer High School
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Newark, New Jersey
- PLACE OF DEATH: Arlington, Virginia
- Full Name: William Joseph Brennan Jr.
- AKA: William Joseph Brennan
- AKA: William J. Brennan Jr.
- AKA: William Brennan
- AKA: William J. Brennan
Best Known For
William J. Brennan Jr. was a liberal associate justice of the Supreme Court, having served on the bench for more than 33 years.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
He died on July 24, 1997, at the age of 91, in Arlington, Virginia. The Brennan Center for Justice, a policy institute at New York University, has been established in his honor.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: William J. Brennan Jr. profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Irish-Americans 80 people in this group
Famous Taureans 564 people in this group
The Supreme Court has presided over landmark cases that have changed the history of the United States. At times, the judges themselves have been the history makers, as in the case of Thurgood Marshall, the first African-American Justice; Sandra Day O’Connor, the first woman to serve on the Supreme Court; and Sonia Sotomayor, the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Here’s a look at the famous judges who have served on the United States' highest court.
Famous Supreme Court Justices 40 people in this group