- NAME: Tom Hanks
- OCCUPATION: Film Actor, Television Actor, Director
- BIRTH DATE: July 09, 1956 (Age: 57)
- Did You Know?: Tom Hanks won an Oscar for Best Actor in 1993 and 1994 for his performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump, respectively. He was the first actor to accomplish the feat in 50 years.
- Did You Know?: In 2002, Tom Hanks became the youngest person to receive the American Film Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award.
- EDUCATION: California State University, Sacramento
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Concord, California
- Full Name: Thomas Jeffrey Hanks
- AKA: Tom Hanks
- ZODIAC SIGN: Cancer
Best Known For
Former sitcom actor Tom Hanks is the much-beloved star of such Hollywood hits as Splash, Big, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Toy Story and many more.
Tom Hanks - Breakout Roles (1:54)
Tom Hanks - Early Years (1:51)
Robert Redford - Early Life (3:15)
Watch a short video about Tom Hanks and find out how he's related to Abraham Lincoln.
Watch a short video about the breakout roles of actor Tom Hanks.
Watch a short video about the early years of actor Tom Hanks.
Watch a short video about the early life of Hollywood legend Robert Redford.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Hanks and Wilson have two children, Chester and Truman.
Hanks recently revealed that he has been facing a health challenge. He admitted in October 2013 that he has Type 2 Diabetes. Hanks shared this information with late night talk show host David Lettermman on Letterman's program. "I went to the doctors and they said, 'You know those high blood sugar numbers you've been living with since you were 36? Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes.'"
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Tom Hanks profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Actors Who Played Santa Claus 21 people in this group
presented by Actors Who Played Santa Claus
Published more than 150 years ago, Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol remains one of the most treasured Christmas stories. Its central character, Ebenezer Scrooge, is so miserly that his name has become synonymous with stinginess and a lack of Christmas spirit. Explore our group of actors who have played the notorious penny-pincher, from Alastair Sim to Albert Finney, Michael Caine and Buddy Hackett.
People Who Played Scrooge 19 people in this group
presented by People Who Played Scrooge
Actors Turned Directors 56 people in this group