- NAME: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- OCCUPATION: Nun, Saint
- BIRTH DATE: August 28, 1774
- DEATH DATE: January 04, 1821
- PLACE OF BIRTH: New York, New York
- PLACE OF DEATH: Emmitsburg, Maryland
- Full Name: St. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton
- Maiden Name: Elizabeth Ann Bayley
- AKA: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- AKA: Elizabeth Ann Seton
Best Known For
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton was an activist and advocate for the poor in the 18th to 19th centuries who established the group Sisters of Charity.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Born on August 28, 1774, in New York, Elizabeth Ann Bayley (married name Seton) went on to work with charitable organizations in her home city and converted to Catholicism after traveling to Italy with her husband in 1803. She ran many educational resources for girls and boys and in 1809 founded what would be known as the Sisters of Charity. She died on January 4, 1821, and was canonized in 1975.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Virgoans 598 people in this group
Famous Nuns 9 people in this group
Famous Saints 36 people in this group
profile name: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.