- NAME: Sarojini Naidu
- OCCUPATION: Activist, Political Leader, Poet
- BIRTH DATE: February 13, 1879
- DEATH DATE: March 02, 1949
- EDUCATION: University of Madras, King's College, London, Girton College, Cambridge
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Hyderabad, India
- PLACE OF DEATH: Lucknow, India
- Maiden Name: Sarojini Chattopadhyay
- AKA: Sarojini Naidu
Best Known For
Sarojini Naidu was an India political leader best known as the first female President of the India National Congress.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Sarojini Naidu was an India political leader born on February 13, 1879 in Hyderabad, India. At a young age she wrote poetry and plays, a hobby she kept throughout her life. She later studied in England, and in 1916 she met Mahatma Gandhi which sparked her interest in the fight for India’s freedom. In 1925 she was elected as the first female President of the India National Congress. After India’s independence from England, Naidu became the first woman Governor of Uttar Pradesh. Naidu died on March 02, 1949 at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Aquarians 592 people in this group
Famous Activists 522 people in this group
Famous Poets 221 people in this group
profile name: Sarojini Naidu profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.