- NAME: Sadi Carnot
- OCCUPATION: Engineer, World Leader
- BIRTH DATE: August 11, 1837
- DEATH DATE: June 24, 1894
- EDUCATION: École Polytechnique, École des Ponts et Chaussées
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Limoges, France
- PLACE OF DEATH: Lyon, France
- AKA: Marie François Sadi Carnot
- AKA: Sadi Carnot
- Full Name: Marie-François-Sadi Carnot
Best Known For
Sadi Carnot was a 19th century French engineer and political leader who became president during his country's Third Republic era.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Born on August 11, 1837, in Limoges, France, Sadi Carnot worked in engineering before entering political service, taking on leadership roles in public works and commerce. He became president of France in 1887—during its Third Republic era—and was noted for his popularity, despite the prominent Panama Canal bribery controversy. Carnot was killed by an anarchist attacker on June 24, 1894, in Lyon.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Leos 558 people in this group
Famous Engineers 54 people in this group
Famous People Born in 1837 11 people in this group
profile name: Sadi Carnot profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.