- NAME: Rudolf Virchow
- OCCUPATION: Academic, Doctor, Political Leader, Biologist
- BIRTH DATE: October 13, 1821
- DEATH DATE: September 05, 1902
- EDUCATION: Prussian Military Academy
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Schivelbein, Pomerania, Prussia, Poland
- PLACE OF DEATH: Berlin, Germany
- Full Name: Rudolf Ludwig Karl Virchow
Best Known For
Rudolf Virchow was a German pathologist and statesman, widely credited for his advancements in public health, particularly with his cell theory.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Rudolf Virchow was a German pathologist, anthropologist and statesman, widely credited for his advancements in public health. Known as the "father of pathology," his scientific contribution of cell theory explained the effects of disease on the body. He also developed a standard method of autopsy procedure. In 1869 he founded a society which greatly intensifying German archaeological research.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 422 people in this group
Famous Libras 533 people in this group
Famous Biologists 38 people in this group
profile name: Rudolf Virchow profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.