- NAME: Rudolf Virchow
- OCCUPATION: Academic, Doctor, Political Leader, Biologist
- BIRTH DATE: October 13, 1821
- DEATH DATE: September 05, 1902
- EDUCATION: Prussian Military Academy
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Schivelbein, Pomerania, Prussia, Poland
- PLACE OF DEATH: Berlin, Germany
- Full Name: Rudolf Ludwig Karl Virchow
- Nickname: Father of Pathology
- AKA: Rudolf Karl Virchow
- AKA: Rudolph Carl Virchow
- AKA: Rudolph Ludwig Carl Virchow
- AKA: Rudolf Virchow
- AKA: Rudolph Virchow
Best Known For
Rudolf Virchow was a 19th century German pathologist and politician known for his significant findings in social medicine.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Rudolf Virchow was a German doctor, pathologist and anthropologist well-known for his achievements in developing the cell theory. Credited as the "Father of Pathology," Virchow went on to make several advancements in public health. In 1869, he founded the German Society for Physical Anthropology, Ethnology and Prehistory.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 451 people in this group
Famous Libras 571 people in this group
Famous Biologists 39 people in this group
profile name: Rudolf Virchow profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.