- NAME: Rubén Darío
- OCCUPATION: Diplomat, Journalist, Author, Poet
- BIRTH DATE: January 18, 1867
- DEATH DATE: February 06, 1916
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Metapa, today known as Ciudad Darío, Nicaragua
- PLACE OF DEATH: León, Nicaragua
- Originally: Félix Rubén García Sarmiento
- Nickname: "The prince of Castilian letters"
- Nickname: "Father of Modernism"
Best Known For
Rubén Darío was an acclaimed Nicaraguan poet, essayist and journalist who introduced the style known as modernism to Spanish literature.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Rubén Darío, born on January 18, 1867, in Metapa, Nicaragua, would immerse himself in various forms of literary study and exploration. In books of poetry and prose like Azul and Prosas profanas, Darío introduced the writing style known as modernism, which would be highly influential. He also worked as a journalist in Spain and France for La Nación. He died on February 6, 1916.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Hispanic Writers 21 people in this group
Famous Capricorns 524 people in this group
Famous Poets 225 people in this group
profile name: Rubén Darío profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.