- NAME: Robert Benchley
- OCCUPATION: Anti-War Activist, Film Actor, Comedian, Literary Critic, Journalist
- BIRTH DATE: September 15, 1889
- DEATH DATE: November 21, 1945
- EDUCATION: Phillips Exeter Academy, Harvard University
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Worchester, Massachusetts
- PLACE OF DEATH: New York, New York
- AKA: Brighton Perry
Best Known For
Robert Benchley was an American humorist, drama critic and film actor who is best known for his small roles in over 40 films, including How To Sleep.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Robert Benchley was an American humorist, critic and actor who is best known for his small roles in over 40 films, including How To Sleep and Hitchcock's Foreign Correspondent. He wrote for the Harvard Lampoon, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. He belonged to the Algonquin Round Table, a group of journalists and authors including Dorothy Parker and Jane Grant who gathered at the New York Hotel.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Imbibers 28 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 564 people in this group
Famous Antiwar Activists 47 people in this group
profile name: Robert Benchley profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.