- NAME: Richard Buckminster Fuller
- OCCUPATION: Environmental Activist, Architect, Engineer, Inventor, Poet
- BIRTH DATE: July 12, 1895
- DEATH DATE: July 01, 1983
- EDUCATION: Milton Academy, Harvard, Bates College
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Milton, Massachusetts
- PLACE OF DEATH: Los Angeles, California
- Nickname: Bucky
Best Known For
Richard Buckminster Fuller was an American inventor, futurist, architect and author best known for popularizing the geodesic dome.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
America wouldn't be what it is today without Hollywood, and it certainly wouldn't be the same without its armed forces. Military veterans make the ultimate contribution to society—they put their lives on the line for their country. Since the nation's founding, the dedication and bravery of soldiers has been the a key pillar on which the United States stands. From Revolutionary War heroes to Vietnam veterans, here's a look at famous military veterans.
Famous Military Veterans 211 people in this group
Famous Cancerians 554 people in this group
Famous Environmental Activists 39 people in this group
profile name: Richard Buckminster Fuller profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.