- NAME: Phil Ochs
- OCCUPATION: Civil Rights Activist, Anti-War Activist, Songwriter, Guitarist, Singer
- BIRTH DATE: December 19, 1940
- DEATH DATE: April 09, 1976
- EDUCATION: Capital University Conservatory of Music, Staunton Military Academy, Ohio State University
- PLACE OF BIRTH: El Paso, Texas
- PLACE OF DEATH: Far Rockaway, New York
- Full Name: Philip David Ochs
Best Known For
American folk singer Phil Ochs is best remembered for the protest songs he wrote in the 1960's on war and civil rights.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Sagittarians 598 people in this group
"Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love." Stated by legendary civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., these words represent a basic human philosophy to which black history's greatest leaders have passionately subscribed. Learn more about the world's most revered civil rights activists, known for their fight against social injustices and lasting impact on the lives of black citizens, including Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Nelson Mandela, Nina Simone, Mary McLeod Bethune, Lena Horne, Marva Collins, Rosa Parks, W.E.B. Du Bois, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.
Famous Civil Rights Activists 177 people in this group
Famous Antiwar Activists 48 people in this group
profile name: Phil Ochs profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.