- NAME: Peter Ustinov
- OCCUPATION: Academic, Film Actor, Theater Actor, Television Actor, Director, Radio Personality, Television Personality, Journalist, Playwright
- BIRTH DATE: April 16, 1921
- DEATH DATE: March 28, 2004
- PLACE OF BIRTH: London, England
- PLACE OF DEATH: Genolier, Vaud, Switzerland
- Full Name: Sir Peter Alexander Ustinov
- AKA: Peter Ustinov
- Originally: Peter Alexander Ustinov
Best Known For
Peter Ustinov was an English actor, writer and director who is known for his Oscar-winning performances in Spartacus (1960) and Topkapi (1964).
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Born in London, England, on April 16, 1921, Peter Ustinov is known for his work as an actor, writer and intellectual. He began acting professionally when he was 17 years old, and went on to make more than 70 films throughout his decades-long career. He won Academy Awards for his performances in Spartacus (1960) and Topkapi (1964), also finding success as a playwright and film director. He made significant humanitarian efforts while serving as ambassador-at-large for UNICEF, a that position he held from 1969 until his death in 2004.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Best Supporting Actor Oscar Winners 46 people in this group
Famous Academics 444 people in this group
Famous Arians 564 people in this group
profile name: Peter Ustinov profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.