- NAME: Peggy Ashcroft
- OCCUPATION: Film Actress, Theater Actress, Television Actress
- BIRTH DATE: December 22, 1907
- DEATH DATE: June 14, 1991
- EDUCATION: Central School of Dramatic Art
- PLACE OF BIRTH: London, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: London, United Kingdom
- Originally: Edith Margaret Emily Ashcroft
Best Known For
Dame Peggy Ashcroft was an English stage actress and won an Academy Award for best supporting actress for her role in A Passage to India.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Explore our collection of Best Supporting Actress Oscar winners, including Anne Hathaway, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, Octavia Spencer, Juliette Binoche, Marisa Tomei and Whoopi Goldberg. View full biographies, photos and videos, only at Biography.com.
Best Supporting Actress Oscar Winners 45 people in this group
Famous Capricorns 515 people in this group
Famous Actresses 675 people in this group
profile name: Peggy Ashcroft profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.