- NAME: Paul I of Russia
- OCCUPATION: Tsar
- BIRTH DATE: October 01, 1754
- DEATH DATE: March 23, 1801
- Did You Know?: Paul I banned waltzes and round hats as the tsar of Russia.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: St. Petersburg, Russia
- PLACE OF DEATH: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Full Name: Pavel Petrovich
- AKA: Paul I of Russia
- AKA: Tsar Paul I
- AKA: Paul I
- Nickname: The Russian Hamlet
Best Known For
Paul I of Russia served as the nation's emperor for a brief, tyrannical five years before he was assassinated 1801.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Rumors also began to spread that he was mentally unstable. On March 23, 1801, a group of officials gained access to the 46-year-old Paul’s rooms at the Mikhailovsky Palace in St. Petersburg and killed him. His son Alexander then took the throne.
Although it is impossible to know if Paul was mad or if he was just an unfit ruler, what is certain is that he was unsuccessful in his role as tsar.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Paul I of Russia profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Libras 568 people in this group
Famous Tsars 6 people in this group
Famous Royalty 222 people in this group