- NAME: P.A.M. Dirac
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Mathematician, Physicist, Academic Author
- BIRTH DATE: August 08, 1902
- DEATH DATE: October 20, 1984
- EDUCATION: Bishop Primary School, St. John's College, Merchant's Venture Secondary School, Bristol University, University of Cambridge
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: Tallahassee, Florida
- Full Name: Paul Adrien Maurice Dirac
- AKA: Paul Dirac
- AKA: Paul A.M. Dirac
- AKA: P.A.M. Dirac
Best Known For
Physicist and mathematician P.A.M Dirac, who helped found quantum electrodynamics, is known for the Dirac equation and his prediction of antiparticles. He won the 1933 Nobel Prize in Physics with Erwin Schrödinger.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Both children adopted Dirac's last name, and Gabriel grew up to become a famed mathematician. Margit also gave Dirac two biological daughters: Mary Elizabeth and Florence Monica.
Dirac retired from his professorship at Cambridge in 1969. In 1971, he became a professor at Florida State University, Tallahassee, where he continued his research. Dirac retained the position until his death, on October 20, 1984, in Tallahassee, Florida.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: P.A.M. Dirac profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 451 people in this group
Famous Teachers 230 people in this group
Famous Leos 558 people in this group