- NAME: Maxwell D. Taylor
- OCCUPATION: Military Leader, Government Official
- BIRTH DATE: August 26, 1901
- DEATH DATE: April 19, 1987
- EDUCATION: United States Military Academy at West Point, Command and General Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, Army War College in Washington, D.C.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Keytesville, Missouri
- PLACE OF DEATH: Washington, D.C.
- Full Name: Maxwell Davenport Taylor
- AKA: Max Taylor
Best Known For
Maxwell Davenport Taylor was a U.S. Army officer who helped organize the army's first airborne division during World War II.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Maxwell D. Taylor was born on August 26, 1901, Keytesville, Missouri. He was a West Point graduate and helped organize the U.S. Army's first airborne division during WWII. Later Taylor was superintendent of West Point and directed UN forces during the Korean War. He was also a trusted adviser to John F. Kennedy who appointed Taylor chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Taylor died in 1987.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
America wouldn't be what it is today without Hollywood, and it certainly wouldn't be the same without its armed forces. Military veterans make the ultimate contribution to society—they put their lives on the line for their country. Since the nation's founding, the dedication and bravery of soldiers has been the a key pillar on which the United States stands. From Revolutionary War heroes to Vietnam veterans, here's a look at famous military veterans.
Famous Military Veterans 211 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 594 people in this group
Famous Military Leaders 242 people in this group
profile name: Maxwell D. Taylor profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.