- NAME: Max Weber
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Philosopher, Scholar, Anti-War Activist, Economist, Literary Critic, Political Scientist, Journalist, Sociologist
- BIRTH DATE: April 21, 1864
- DEATH DATE: June 14, 1920
- EDUCATION: Heidelberg University, University of Berlin, Göttingen
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Erfurt (Prussia), Germany
- PLACE OF DEATH: Munich, Germany
- Full Name: Maximilian Karl Emil Weber
- AKA: Maximilian Karl Weber
- AKA: Maximilian Weber
- AKA: Karl Emil Weber
Best Known For
Max Weber was a 19th century German sociologist and one of the founders of modern sociology. He wrote The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism in 1905.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Weber's writing helped form the basis of modern sociology. His influence runs throughout the realms of sociology, politics, religion and economics.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Max Weber profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 445 people in this group
Famous Teachers 225 people in this group
Famous Taureans 561 people in this group