- NAME: Marie Louise
- OCCUPATION: Duchess, Empress
- BIRTH DATE: December 12, 1791
- DEATH DATE: December 17, 1847
- Did You Know?: Marie Louise's great aunt was Marie Antoinette.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Vienna, Austria
- PLACE OF DEATH: Parma, Italy
- Full Name: Marie-Louise de Habsburg-Lorraine
- AKA: Piacenza e Guastalla
- AKA: Maria Luigia D'Asburgo-Lorena
- AKA: Maria Luise Leopoldina Franziska Theresia Josepha Luzia Von Habsburg Lothringen
- AKA: Marie Louise Léopoldine Françoise Thérèse Joséphine Lucie
- AKA: Maria Ludovica
- AKA: Duchessa Di Parma
- AKA: Marie Louise
Best Known For
A member of the Austrian Habsburg royal family, Marie Louise married Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte and became the mother of his son, Napoleon II.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
She returned to visit him before his death in 1832.
Marie Louise was not alone in Parma, as Neipperg joined her there. They had two children together before marrying in 1821, following Napoleon's death. Neipperg died in 1829. An uprising in 1831 forced Marie Louise to leave Parma for a short time, but Austrian support permitted her return. Marie Louise wed Count Charles René de Bombelles in 1834. At the age of 56, she died on December 17, 1847, in Parma,
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Marie Louise profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Sagittarians 607 people in this group
Famous Duchesses 8 people in this group
Famous Empresses 11 people in this group