- NAME: Madame de Pompadour
- OCCUPATION: Theater Actress, Singer, Political Leader
- BIRTH DATE: c. December 29, 1721
- DEATH DATE: April 15, 1764
- EDUCATION: Convent of the Ursuline Order, Club de l'Entresol
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Paris, France
- PLACE OF DEATH: Versailles, France
- Full Name: Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson, Marquise de Pompadour
- AKA: Madame de Pompadour
- Nickname: "Reinette" ("Little Queen")
- AKA: Jeanne-Antoinette Le Normant d'Etiolles
- AKA: Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson
Best Known For
Madame de Pompadour became the mistress of French King Louis XV in the mid-1700s. She greatly influenced French culture during this time, including decorative arts, architecture and statecraft.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
profile name: Madame de Pompadour profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Capricorns 500 people in this group
Famous Actresses 654 people in this group
Famous Singers 725 people in this group