- NAME: Lee De Forest
- OCCUPATION: Entrepreneur, Inventor, Scientist
- BIRTH DATE: August 26, 1873
- DEATH DATE: June 30, 1961
- EDUCATION: Sheffield Scientific School of Yale University
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Council Bluffs, Iowa
- PLACE OF DEATH: Hollywood, California
- Nickname: Father of Radio
- Nickname: Grandfather of Television
Best Known For
Inventor of the Audion vacuum tube, Lee De Forest made possible live radio broadcasting before the invention of the transistor.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Honorary Oscar Recipients 81 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 561 people in this group
Famous Inventors 102 people in this group
profile name: Lee De Forest profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.