- NAME: Karen Horney
- OCCUPATION: Academic, Psychiatrist, Journalist
- BIRTH DATE: September 16, 1885
- DEATH DATE: December 04, 1952
- EDUCATION: University of Freiburg, University of Göttingen, University of Berlin
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Blankenese, Germany
- PLACE OF DEATH: New York, New York
- Maiden Name: Karen Danielsen
- Full Name: Karen Horney
Best Known For
Karen Horney was an influential psychoanalytic thinker best known as the author of The Neurotic Personality of Our Timeand New Ways in Psychoanalysis.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Horney died on December 4, 1952, in New York City. The Karen Horney Foundation was established in New York, followed by the Karen Horney Clinic in 1955. Prominent in her own time, Horney has remained influential among psychiatric professionals and therapists, as well as scholars of gender and feminism, over the decades since her death.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Karen Horney profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 451 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 598 people in this group
Famous Psychiatrists 10 people in this group