- NAME: June Jordan
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Civil Rights Activist, Journalist, Playwright, Poet
- BIRTH DATE: July 09, 1936
- DEATH DATE: June 14, 2002
- EDUCATION: Barnard College, University of Chicago
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Harlem, New York
- PLACE OF DEATH: Berkeley, California
- AKA: June Meyer
- Full Name: June Millicent Jordan
Best Known For
June Jordan was an African American author who investigated both social and personal concerns through poetry, essays, and drama.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
June Jordan was born July 9, 1936 in New York. As a professor, she fought for the inclusion of black studies in curricula. With architect R. Buckminster Fuller she created a plan for the redesign of Harlem. Her first poetry collection appeared in 1969. In the 1970s she wrote books for kids. As a journalist and poet she wrote about feminism and racism. In the 1980s her plays were performed.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 445 people in this group
Famous Teachers 225 people in this group
Famous Cancerians 586 people in this group
profile name: June Jordan profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.