- NAME: Jubal A. Early
- OCCUPATION: General, Journalist
- BIRTH DATE: November 03, 1816
- DEATH DATE: March 02, 1894
- Did You Know?: President Andrew Johnson pardoned Jubal A. Early in 1868, allowing him to return to his native Virginia.
- EDUCATION: United States Military Academy at West Point
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Franklin County, Virginia
- PLACE OF DEATH: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Full Name: Jubal Anderson Early
- AKA: Jubal Early
- AKA: Jubal A. Early
- Nickname: Bad Old Man
- Nickname: The Terrapin from Franklin
- Nickname: Old Jube
Best Known For
Jubal A. Early was a Confederate general in the American Civil War whose defeats during the Shenandoah Valley campaigns led to the final collapse of the South.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Back home in Virginia, Early resumed his legal career. He also remained deeply committed to the Southern cause and to keeping alive the ideals of the Confederacy as president of the Southern Historical Society. After falling down a set of stairs, Early died in Lynchburg on March 2, 1894.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Jubal A. Early profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Names We Like 23 people in this group
Famous Scorpios 554 people in this group
Famous Military Leaders 244 people in this group