- NAME: John Osborne
- OCCUPATION: Theater Actor, Producer, Playwright
- BIRTH DATE: December 12, 1929
- DEATH DATE: December 24, 1994
- EDUCATION: Bellmont College
- PLACE OF BIRTH: London, England, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: Clun, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom
- Full Name: John James Osborne
- AKA: John Osborne
Best Known For
British playwright John Osborne's Look Back in Anger ushered in a new movement in British drama and made him known as the first of the "Angry Young Men."
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
John Osborne was born on December 12, 1929, in London, England. His first play, The Devil Inside Him, was written in 1950 with his friend and mentor, Stella Linden. In 1956, the English Stage Company produce his play, Look Back in Anger. In 1958, Osborne and director Tony Richardson founded Woodfall Film Productions and produced motion pictures versions of some of Osborne's plays. Osborne died in Clun, Shropshire, England, on December 24, 1994.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Best Screenplay Oscar Winners 34 people in this group
Famous Sagittarians 607 people in this group
Famous Actors 1024 people in this group
profile name: John Osborne profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.