- NAME: Johann Heinrich von Thünen
- OCCUPATION: Academic, Economist
- BIRTH DATE: June 24, 1783
- DEATH DATE: September 22, 1850
- Did You Know?: Johann Heinrich von Thünen's writings on agricultural production continue to influence economists today.
- EDUCATION: Institute of Agriculture, University of Göttingen
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Canarienhausen, Oldenburg (near Jever), Germany
- PLACE OF DEATH: Mecklenburg, Germany
Best Known For
German economist Johann Heinrich von Thünen is best known for his writings on agricultural production and his model of "the isolated state."
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
In 1850, von Thünen finished the second volume of The Isolated State, which outlined his analysis of the marginal productivity theory of distribution. He died of a stroke on September 22, 1850, at the age of 67, on his Mecklenburg estate. The third volume of The Isolated State was published posthumously, in 1863.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Johann Heinrich von Thünen profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 444 people in this group
Famous Cancerians 585 people in this group
Famous People Named Johann 10 people in this group