- NAME: Jane Wyman
- OCCUPATION: Actress
- BIRTH DATE: January 05, 1917
- DEATH DATE: September 10, 2007
- Did You Know?: Jane Wyman was the first person to win an Academy Award for Best Actress without having a single word of dialogue for her role as a deaf-mute in Johnny Belinda.
- EDUCATION: University of Missouri
- PLACE OF BIRTH: St. Joseph, Missouri
- PLACE OF DEATH: Rancho Mirage, California
- Originally: Sarah Jane Mayfield
- Full Name: Sarah Jane Fulks
- AKA: Sarah Fulks
- AKA: Jane Wyman
Best Known For
Jane Wyman was an Academy Award-winning American screen actress who was also Ronald Reagan's first wife.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
They later adopted a son, Michael, who became a conservative radio host. The couple also had a daughter who was born several months premature in June 1947, and died one day later.
Wyman and Reagan divorced in 1948. Their daughter Maureen died in August 2001 after a battle with cancer. Wyman attended the funeral but Reagan, suffering from Alzheimer's disease, was not well enough to attend.
In 1952, Wyman married Fred Karger, a studio music director. They couple divorced,
then later remarried and divorced a second time in 1965.
Jane Wyman died on September 10, 2007, at the age of 90, at her home in Rancho Mirage, California.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Jane Wyman profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
In entertainment, where the line between fiction and reality is often blurry, names are a crucial part of a celebrity's image. Stage names are often chosen to make an actor or musician's name easier to pronounce or remember, or simply to make it sounds more attractive. Here are famous celebrities who have changed their names.
Name Changers 236 people in this group
Best Actress Oscar Winners 68 people in this group
Primetime Soap Stars 36 people in this group