- NAME: Herman Melville
- OCCUPATION: Author, Poet
- BIRTH DATE: August 01, 1819
- DEATH DATE: September 28, 1891
- EDUCATION: Albany Academy, Lansingburgh Academy, Albany Classical School, Grammar School of Columbia College, New York Male High School
- PLACE OF BIRTH: New York City, New York
- PLACE OF DEATH: New York City, New York
- Full Name: Herman Melville
- Originally: Herman Melvill
Best Known For
Herman Melville wrote the classic American novel Moby-Dick (1851), a whaling adventure which regarded as one of the greatest literary works of all time.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
profile name: Herman Melville profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
The Chaplin. The Fu Manchu. The Van Dyke. The Garlbaldi. These beards, and other creative variations on chin whiskers, have become such a striking reflection of their wearers' personalities that it becomes hard to know whether the people made the facial hair famous, or the other way around. We do know this much is certain: the only rivals to these fabulous beards are the men sporting them.
Fantastic Facial Hair 70 people in this group
Famous Leos 527 people in this group
Famous Poets 212 people in this group