- NAME: Ernest O. Lawrence
- OCCUPATION: Educator, Inventor, Physicist
- BIRTH DATE: August 08, 1901
- DEATH DATE: August 27, 1958
- Did You Know?: Chemical element 103, lawrencium, is named after Ernest O. Lawrence.
- EDUCATION: Canton High School, St. Olaf College, University of South Dakota, University of Minnesota, University of Chicago, Yale University
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Canton, South Dakota
- PLACE OF DEATH: Palo Alto, California
- Full Name: Ernest Orlando Lawrence
- AKA: Ernest O. Lawrence
- AKA: Ernest Lawrence
Best Known For
Ernest O. Lawrence was a nuclear physicist known for his work on the Manhattan Project and for the invention of the cyclotron, for which he won the Nobel Prize.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Lawrence suffered a serious intestinal inflammation in the summer of 1958. Surgery revealed additional health problems, some of which probably contributed to his death shortly thereafter. Ernest Lawrence died on August 27, 1958, in Palo Alto, California.
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Ernest O. Lawrence profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 445 people in this group
Famous Teachers 225 people in this group
Famous Leos 554 people in this group