- NAME: Eddie Dodson
- OCCUPATION: Thief
- BIRTH DATE: December 24, 1948
- DEATH DATE: February 21, 2003
- Did You Know?: Eddie Dodson was known to the FBI as a "one-on-one bandit"—a person who robs a teller usually without anyone else in the bank knowing.
- EDUCATION: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Shelby, North Carolina
- PLACE OF DEATH: Los Angeles, California
- Nickname: Eddie
- Nickname: New York Yankees Bandit
- AKA: Edwin Dodson
- Full Name: Edwin Chambers Dodson
- Nickname: Gentleman Bandit
Best Known For
Dubbed the "New York Yankees Bandit" for his signature cap, Eddie Dodson robbed 64 banks in the Los Angeles area from July 1983 through February 1984.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Ravaged by the effects of cancer and Hepatitis C over the final few months of his life, Dodson died from liver failure at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on February 21, 2003.
That same year brought the release of the book Where the Money Is: True Tales from the Bank Robbery Capital of the World. Co-written by former FBI agent William J. Rehder,
the book featured the Yankee Bandit case as the centerpiece of his crime-fighting recollections.
A decade later, the film Electric Slide (2013), with actor Jim Sturgess in the role of the charismatic Tinseltown robber, was set to hit theaters.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Eddie Dodson profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
Famous Capricorns 524 people in this group
Famous People Born in 1948 80 people in this group
Famous People Born in North Carolina 67 people in this group