- NAME: E. Franklin Frazier
- OCCUPATION: Sociologist
- BIRTH DATE: September 24, 1894
- DEATH DATE: May 17, 1962
- EDUCATION: Howard University, Clark University, New York School of Social Work, Morehouse College, University of Chicago, Fiske University
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Baltimore, Maryland
- PLACE OF DEATH: Washington
- Full Name: Edward Franklin Frazier
Best Known For
Sociologist E. Franklin Frazier blazed a trail in the 1940s and 50s for African American academics who studied black culture.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
African American sociologist Edward Franklin Frazier studied at Howard University and the New York School of Social Work, then taught sociology at Morehouse College and Fiske University. His sometimes controversial area of interest was the effect of racial tension on black life. His writings include Negro Youth at the Crossways (1940) and The Negro Family in the United States (1939).
© 2013 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 444 people in this group
Famous Libras 568 people in this group
Famous Sociologists 12 people in this group
profile name: E. Franklin Frazier profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.