- NAME: Dennis Wilson
- OCCUPATION: Film Actor, Songwriter, Drummer, Singer
- BIRTH DATE: December 04, 1944
- DEATH DATE: December 28, 1983
- Did You Know?: Dennis Wilson was the only serious surfer in the Beach Boys.
- Did You Know?: The Beach Boys released a song written by Charles Manson, "Cease To Exist" (renamed "Never Learn Not To Love"), as a single B-side on their 1969 album, 20/20.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Inglewood, California
- PLACE OF DEATH: Marina del Rey, California
- Full Name: Dennis Carl Wilson
- AKA: Dennis Wilson
Best Known For
Dennis Wilson helped form the Beach Boys and served as the band's drummer. He struggled with alcoholism before accidentally drowning at age 39.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
When he couldn't be located after a dive, his friends raised the alarm. Rescuers recovered his body at approximately 5:45 p.m. An autopsy showed evidence of cocaine in his system, as well as an elevated blood alcohol level. Dennis was 39 when he died.
At the time of his death, Dennis—who had been married five times—was married to Shawn Love,
the daughter of his Beach Boys bandmate and cousin. Shawn insisted that her husband be buried at sea; it was only with the intervention of then-President Ronald Reagan that the at-sea burial was allowed. Five years after Dennis died, the Beach Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
profile name: Dennis Wilson profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.
Your Friends' Connections
Included In These Groups
The Beach Boys 5 people in this group
Famous People Who Died in Accidents 103 people in this group
Famous Sagittarians 607 people in this group