- NAME: Cyril Connolly
- OCCUPATION: Scholar, Literary Critic, Academic Author, Editor, Publisher, Journalist, Author
- BIRTH DATE: September 10, 1903
- DEATH DATE: November 26, 1974
- EDUCATION: Eton College, University of Oxford, Balliol College
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Coventry, Warwickshire, England, United Kingdom
- PLACE OF DEATH: Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, United Kingdom
- Full Name: Cyril Vernon Connolly
- AKA: Cyril Connolly
Best Known For
Cyril Connolly was an English literary critic, essayist, and novelist.
Think you know about Biography?
Answer questions and see how you rank against other players.Play Now
Cyril Connolly was born on September 10, 1903, in Coventry, Warwickshire, England. He was an English critic, novelist, and man of letters, and founder and editor of Horizon, a magazine of contemporary literature. As a critic he was personal and eclectic rather than systematic, but his idiosyncratic views were perceptive and conveyed with wit and grace. He died on November 26, 1974, in Eastbourne, East Sussex, England.
© 2014 A+E Networks. All rights reserved.
Included In These Groups
Famous Academics 451 people in this group
Famous Virgoans 598 people in this group
Famous Scholars 64 people in this group
profile name: Cyril Connolly profile occupation:
Sign in with Facebook to see how you and your friends are connected to famous icons.